Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there any advantage to buying windows from someone who manufactures, installs and stands behind the warranty?
• If one place does it all, the homeowner does not get someone trying to lay the problem on someone else. One might say it was manufactured wrong, the manufacturer will say it was due to improper installation. Guess who usually loses? The homeowner.
• If service work is needed dealing directly with a manufacturer, this will save you time. If you need a sash replaced it can be done in less than 24 hours or sooner.
• A homeowner can usually save money dealing directly with a manufacturer because you are not dealing with a middleman or helping pay a franchise fee.
2. My home is 125 years old. Can I get windows to fit in my existing frames?
• Each window is custom made to fit each opening.
• You can even choose a different type or style.
3. On my existing wood windows the sill nosing and the brickmould is starting to show some damage due to rotting, how can this be corrected?
• After the new vinyl window is installed from the outside, any rotting wood is replaced before wrapping the frame with aluminum trim coil. Insulation is placed around the new window to seal out any air flow from entering the house.
4. My old windows have a white film in between the glass. Can this be cleaned?
• This film is called a calcium chloride deposit, that of which etches the glass and it cannot be removed.
5. What helps save energy better than the frame or glass?
• About 80% of the window is glass. You will be better off getting a better glass package than to spend money getting a foam filled frame. The higher the R-value and U-value on the glass, the better your home, carpet, furniture and draperies will be protected against the elements.
6. What is Low-e Glass, Argon Gas?
• This is a coating of tint and tin applied to glass to help block out the ultraviolet rays from the sun. It is usually the number 2 surface from the outside on insulated glass.
• Argon gas is colorless, odorless, nonflammable, nontoxic, safe inert gas that is heavier than air. It is inserted in between the glass to reduce noise and is a better insulator than regular air.
7. I have seen advertisements offering up to $100.00 off each window I replace, or 50% off. Is this a good deal?
• To me, this looks like A DEAL TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. The deals that look too good to be true always are.
8. What is the ENERGY STAR® PROGRAM?
• This program was created by the Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy to help consumers in the recognition of energy-efficient products. This program also promotes the environmental and economic benefits of these products through the ENERGY STAR® label and other program activities.
9. Will Comfort Master 8000 series windows be a good investment?
• YES! Your home will have more curb appeal, You will notice the difference in your utility bill. It will extend the life of your heating and cooling unit. Your home will be more comfortable in both winter and summer. This series carries one of the best warranties in the industry and will add to the resale of your home.